Monday, March 11, 2013

The Seattle Great Wheel


When I first walked around Seattle's downtown I could see a ferris wheel in the background. I knew that would be one of the things I wanted to do when I had the time. So after enjoying Pike Place Market I headed down to Seattle's Great Wheel.






Located next to Elliot Bay and several piers, one including an arcade, is the wheel sitting nearby the water. Before heading in to get my ticket for the Wheel, I enjoyed the scenery.




Tickets are $13 for adults, which isn't too bad I guess. Some interesting facts about the Seattle Great Wheel is that it's the "largest observation wheel on the west coast" and it "extends 40 feet beyond the pier", which was fun to experience.

Since I was riding solo they put me in a gondola with another solo traveler, who happened to be Chinese. She has been living in America for about 4 years now and we talked about living abroad. So it was a fun match up for my wheel ride!



Of course the views from the gondola were spectacular. Not only did you see out into the bay but also into Seattle's downtown.




Going over the water part was fun too, and everything felt safe and clean inside the gondola. We went around a few times and then were let out. I took a look around the neighboring pier with the arcade inside and admired their carousel.



If in the city and doing the "tourist" thing I would add Seattle's Great Wheel to the mix. You might find a long line to wait in, but you can stand there and admire the water and city.

Here are some extra pics I took from Pike Place Market. One of the fish throwing area, but without any action.

I liked this wall display of all the bus and ferry schedules up for the taking.

Lastly, here is a shot of what I had for lunch which was a yummy grilled portobello mushroom sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment