Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Seattle 2013 Pride Parade



Unless you live in a very hidden cave somewhere, you would know that recently the LGBT community recently won some rights in court. Also that maybe you saw some rainbow flags out more than usual.

Last weekend was Seattle's Pride parade and although I caught the end of it, I found it to be quite fun. At the end of the parade was a large rainbow flag that was being carried by volunteers and parade goers.



I guess I became part of the parade as I trailed behind trying to capture photos of the whole thing.




From the volume of people who were there, whether in costume or colors or not, I could tell that things have changed since I was young, for gay people. Which is good!

Anyways it felt great to see this community trailblazing through the streets.



No comments:

Post a Comment