Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ocean Beach and Golden Gate Park



I think the benefit of living in San Francisco is that the Pacific Ocean is right there. Looking back I think I could of visited it more often, when I was a resident. Of course, not all days are as sunny in San Fran, but when Ian and I went to Ocean Beach we were lucky.



The distinctive part about visiting Ocean Beach is that you get off the Muni light rail and then climb over a sand dune. In fact parts of the west side of San Fran were built over large and old sand dunes.


We walked and enjoyed watching the surfers catch waves. It wasn't too cold or windy so was quite pleasant.



After Ocean Beach we had some pizza in the Sunset and then went on over to Golden Gate park. There Ian got excited to rent one of those two - people bikes and we found ourselves putting in more than we bargained for.



But we enjoyed some local ice-cream from a food truck and went on our way.



The weather here has cleared up a bit and looks like sunshine is in the forecast for the next stretch of days. Even though it's in the low 40's the warm sunshine really does feel good. Tom seems to enjoy it too and follows it around my room. I seem to be winding down from one of the toughest quarters I've had. But I think I really got into it and am starting to see more connections between linguistic theories and teaching. I've got some items I wan to share from this quarter and so hope to get around to that.

Tom is meowing at me...better see what he wants.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joy,

    I'm sorry to leave this on the comments section but I couldn't find any other way to contact you. I just wanted to see if there was a way I could message or email you some questions about YBM ECC. I'm applying for Korea and just wanted to talk to someone who's been there and done that. :)

    Best,

    Ceri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me at joybot_0@hotmail.com I didn't have a good experience with YBM ECC and know others who didn't have a good time either. But I can write more in an email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me at joybot_0@hotmail.com I didn't have a good experience with YBM ECC and know others who didn't have a good time either. But I can write more in an email.

    ReplyDelete