Sunday, July 20, 2014

Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo


This weekend I went with Ian to the Woodland Park Zoo here in Seattle. Summer seems to be disguising itself behind clouds and cooler air but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. I really liked the Woodland Park Zoo because it felt more like a park than some amusement kind of establishment. Also the enclosed areas for the animals were very thoughtful and well designed with "naturalness" in mind.


I think the educational and interactive areas could have been more engaging but oh well.

Seeing the Sea Eagle was fascinating as I guess you could also call it a Seahawk...which is our football's team mascot (of course).



Probably the most amazing animal we saw was the taypur, which is a vegetable eating animal but the size of almost a cow.




 Wildlife within the zoo...



They had a good share of snakes and reptiles too...

One really nice area was an enclosed rain forest habitat for birds...



The gorillas seemed to have some kind of social politics going on...

We didn't see all the animal so I guess that means I'll have to head back to the zoo someday. Overall though a good time was had and I was reminded about endangered species and how much we (humans) have taken over the planet. Something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment