Friday, November 14, 2014

Cold Snap

Seattle is experiencing a cold snap right now as part of a chilly weather system moving throughout the country. However, having lived through many really cold winters in Korea this one doesn't feel that cold.

Life of American Joy seems to continue on and I can't believe that I register for my last quarter of grad school next week. It's nearly been two years since I packed up and left Korea and I'm starting to consider my next move. I definitely want to try and make it here in America, and have been looking and applying for jobs locally. Tomorrow a local community college is holding a job fair for candidates that I was invited to. I've got a nice outfit, printed resumes and a hopeful spirit already to go.

Needless to say I am nervous about finishing grad school and then either having a job or not. I have some back up plans in my pocket, just in case. I'm sure I'll be fine as I have come this far.

I have been studying for the comps in my free time, these days. Mostly trying to get in the concepts and start thinking about how I would respond to the questions. In some sense I think going over everything I learned in the past year and a half has been kind of refreshing. Also, whenever I'm doing my work I try to connect theory to practice.

Speaking of work my internship has been running along quite smoothly. I've accumulated about 50 hours and I have to finish 120. My group of older Chinese folks have been fun to work with and it reminds me of the time I studied Chinese and was considering studying abroad there.

For Thanksgiving I'll be flying to California to visit my father and brother. I'm really looking forward to this and hope it gives me some pep of inspiration for my future endeavors. Well that is life in a nutshell right now. A lot of nostalgic feelings for living abroad, current happenings and future planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment