Sunday, March 1, 2015

shelves - shelves - organizing one's workspace


I've since moved into a 3 bedroom house with my boyfriend. We each have our own room, which is strange to some people. Here are some reasons why...I am a morning person, and he is a night owl (a very long night owl). I love to be around Tom and cuddle with him at night (Ian is allergic to cats). Third reason? I have my own darn space! The other bedroom is occupied by our roommate who isn't around much...he's leaving in July so we might fill that space with a studious grad student (maybe an international person..)

Since moving into my new room, I've painted the walls an antique blue and today installed shelves and things. What you see here is the fruition of many hours of labor. We have plaster and lathe walls that make it quite difficult to drill into, but after some screw ups we finally got the hang of it.





I really wanted to get things off the desks...Ikea has many wonderful wall organizing systems, which you are seeing here.


Also, half of my desk area is meant for my art, which now that I've got it all organized should have no excuses not to do. Below you see my "art cart" that houses many of my supplies. The pink blanket is a designated sleeping spot for Tom, which he has already catered to. I hope he starts to sleep on the red shelves so he feels he has more room in here.


For the rest of the house we got the living room painted (hope to show pictures soon) and Ian has been working on fixing up his room as well.

That's been my life in the past few days, and no these aren't exciting adventures, but it does feel good to know you have a comfortable and cozy place to call home. I also definitely feel I hit my dream of finally living in a house and not studios, like I did in Korea. A lot of the time in Korea I fantasized about more windows, yards, and just rooms. Well, if you wait long enough those things will come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment